(No, it isn’t a pot roast).
1 Round or Top Round roast (3-5 lbs)
8 carrots, peeled and quartered
2 onions, sliced
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
6 cloves of garlic, whole
16 oz mushrooms, sliced
salt and pepper
1. Rub salt and pepper into the roast on all sides
2. In a frying pan on medium high heat, brown roast on all sides (about 3-5 minutes per side)
3. While roast is browning, place all ingredients except mushrooms and roast in a crock pot. Set to “High”.
4. Place roast on top of vegetables in crock pot, and pour mushrooms over the top of the roast.
5. Cover and cook for 5 hours.
6. Serve with mashed potatoes.
2 thoughts on “Slow-cooked roast beef”
I’m going to have to revise this recipe with some experimentation, as the roast came out rather dry, and the vegetables had that unsavory “cooked unto death” quality. Four hours might be a better time period for cooking.
OK, but I liked it so it’s definitely worth pursuing.