(No, it isn’t a pot roast).
1 Round or Top Round roast (3-5 lbs)
8 carrots, peeled and quartered
2 onions, sliced
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
6 cloves of garlic, whole
16 oz mushrooms, sliced
salt and pepper
1. Rub salt and pepper into the roast on all sides
2. In a frying pan on medium high heat, brown roast on all sides (about 3-5 minutes per side)
3. While roast is browning, place all ingredients except mushrooms and roast in a crock pot. Set to “High”.
4. Place roast on top of vegetables in crock pot, and pour mushrooms over the top of the roast.
5. Cover and cook for 5 hours.
6. Serve with mashed potatoes.