3 lb beef stew meat
2 T. Worsteshire Sauce
Salt and pepper
1 cup of flour
2 onions, chopped
5 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 bell peppers (green or yellow), chopped
2 parsnips, peeled and roughly cut
4 heirloom or regular tomatoes, chopped
1 32 oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 32 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 32 oz can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 T. Marjoram
1 T. Oregano
1 t. Summer Savory
1 t. Sage
16 oz mushrooms, sliced
6 carrots, peeled and sliced
1. Separate stew meat and chop larger pieces into bite-sized pieces. Place in a bowl
2. Add Worsteshire sauce and mix until stew meat is coated. Add more Worsteshire if necessary to coat all meat.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let stand 5-10 minutes.
4. While meat is standing, saute onion, garlic, and green peppers in olive oil on medium heat for 5-10 minutes until onion is translucent and just starting to brown. Remove vegetables and place in crock pot or dutch oven.
5. Dredge stew meat in flour and brown in pan, a few pieces at a time, to a rich brown color on both sides. Add more olive oil if necessary.
6. Place meat, onion, garlic, olive oil, beans, tomatoes, oregano, marjoram, summer savory, and sage in crock pot or dutch oven. Add sufficient water to just cover. Cook in crock pot on high for 2 hours, or in dutch oven on simmer for one.
7. Add mushrooms and carrots. Cook for 2 hours crock pot or dutch oven for one.
You can expand this dish by adding more beans, but I recommend that you use a different type of bean each time for variety and appearance.